The Babyface RME audio interface is a big dream come true to the musician on the road who needs to have a high quality portable sound card, which is also suitable for recording and mastering.
Every musician knows that RME provides very good hardware backed with great software. The best audio interface with driver which is poor, would be a source of headaches,
A mediocre sound card with poor Mic Preamps and poor AD/DA (Analog to Digital/Digital to Analog) converters, even with the best drivers, will never produce a clean professional sound.
The Babyface RME is equiped converters providing an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) of up to 115 dBA guarantees a crystal clear sound quality.
- 2 High-End mic preamps both digitally controlled, individually switchable 48V phantom power (for pro condenser microphones).
- Instrument input: Hi-Z mode to directly plug in instruments.
- Phones output : 2 sets. 1 on the unit and 1 on the breakout cable. Perfect for 2 separate headphones or additional monitors.
- MIDI Input/Output.
- Digital Input/Output. Optical TOSLINK I/O usable as ADAT port with SMUX support (multiple digital channels) or SPDIF optical (Stereo IN/OUT).
- Controls : The rotary knob is used to change the various parameters of the function selected by the button Select.
- DSP Engine : Lo cut + 3 band parametric Equalizer available in all input and output channels calculated within its FPGA.
- Reverb and Echo are calculated on the host CPU with a very small CPU load.
1. Windows XP SP2 or up, Intel Mac OS X (10.5 or up)
2. 1 USB 2.0 port
3. Computer with at least Pentium Core 2 Duo CPU
Babyface RME In the studio.
This little Rolls Royce, can be the heart of your home recording studio.
With its outstanding sonic quality and rock solid drivers, it can assure you years of hassle free music production.
Babyface RME on stage.
For the guitarist singer on the road, it’s a dream come true:
Plug the microphone in the balanced XLR of the breakout cable,
Plug the guitar in instrument the HI-Z input on the side of the device,
And plug the balanced outputs to the PA.
Set the EQ, Reverb and Echo for both (or load a previously saved preset),
Enjoy the sound.
For the keyboardist singer, different scenarios are possible.
If you are using a soft synth, just plug is the keyboard’s MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN of the device and can plug 2 mics.
If you are using the keyboard’s internal sounds, you still can plug the keyboard output to the instrument input, but the sound will be mono.
…. One way to achieve a pseudo stereo, is to pan the keyboard’s sound to one side, and its Echo to the other side with a small delay.
The alternative is to connect the keyboard’s SPDIF Optical OUT to the Babyface RME Optical IN. (Hopefully modern keyboards do have SPDIF Optical).
The Babyface RME is priced higher than similar audio interfaces.
But, quality is priceless.
Buying cheap products doesn’t save you money in the long run.
You can buy an audio device for a couple of hundreds but you might find yourself wanting or needing to buy another one after a few months.
Result: you spend more money and you don’t enjoy the benefits that a good quality audio device can provide.
Buying the Babyface RME is investing in a professional sound device that will not be outdated for many years
Benefits OF Babyface RME
Why Babyface RME More Useful Than Others?